Who can be a Team Captain?
- A Team Captain can be anyone who has the authority to create a team on behalf of their organization. Teams are not necessarily limited to one Team Captain. Team can have as many Team Captains as they wish.
Team Captain Responsibilities
- Creating the company team page during registration.
- Setting up the company team preferences and payment methods. See Team Setup page.
- Advertising and recruiting employees company-wide to participate.
- Informing employees how to join the company team.
- Making additional purchases in the captain store regarding tents, tables and chairs.
- Finalizing the team roster to ensure all participants register before the deadline.
- Coordinating company team packet pick-up.
- Distributing and communicating race day materials and information to their team participants.
- Motivating the company to participate in the t-shirt contest and entering the company’s t-shirt design.
Team Tent Rental
Having a dedicated space for your team is a great way to mingle or hang out before the race or even just leave personal belongings at.
- You can reserve a team tent by going to the Captain Store. From the Team Captain page, click the “MANAGE YOUR TEAM” button to access the Team Captain Tools and the Captain Store.
- Team Captains can choose what size tent they would like as well as how many tables and chairs they will need. Please reference the information below for tent sizes and how many tables and chairs will be available for each. It is recommended that you determine the number of participants your company will have before you purchase your team tent.
- Tent rentals are non-refundable after purchase.
- Each Tent Rental includes ONE tent sign with your company name.
- Team Captains can purchase additional tables and chairs for their tent through the Captain Store as well.
- Team tents will be numbered and team captains will be notified of the number and location of their tent on Monday, May 4.
Tent locations are at the discretion of the Challenge Columbus staff.
Teams of 15 or more participants, we will deliver your team packets to your office a week before the event. We will contact you to confirm a good time and location for the drop off. Your team packet will include your Challenge Columbus shirt, bib number, timing chips, safety pins and roster.
Teams smaller than 15 participants and individuals will be able to pickup their race packets from our office on Thursday May 7.
973 Old Henderson Road
Columbus, Ohio 43220
We will also have race day pickup.